Happy Friday guys! How about we kick off the weekend with some brownies? Not just any brownies of course, double trouble cookies and cream brownies. These over the top brownies have trouble written all over them, the type you’ll want to get involved in immediately. I’m talking truffle brownies filled with birthday cake Oreos. And just in case that’s not enough, how about a layer of decadent chocolate ganache poured on top with a few extra Oreos for good measure. I told you they were trouble!
You guys know I’m all about my truffle brownies, but this time they’re a bit more decadent. Okay, maybe a lot more decadent. I picked up some birthday cake Oreos last week and knew brownies needed to happen asap. Have you tried the birthday cake Oreos yet? I’m a fan, but I also tend to think that anything labeled Birthday Cake is pretty spectacular.
These brownies are pretty fantastic on their own, but once you pour that chocolate ganache on top, we’re talking a whole new game here. It works perfectly because as the brownies cool, they sink a little in the middle creating this little well. It’s like the ganache is meant to be there A few more Oreos on top with a good dose of rainbow sprinkles and you’re looking at a party on a plate.
Although you will want to dive into these bad boys immediately, they need a good amount of time in the fridge so the ganache can firm up. I refer to this time as torture. All your patience will be well worth it once you make that first cut. And while these overhead shots are fun, let’s get down to business.
That’s what I’m talking about people – rich, decadent, over the top brownie love. Whatever you’ve got going on this weekend, I hope these are part of your agenda! Happy baking!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 Birthday Cake Oreos (you can use regular instead)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 Birthday Cake Oreos
- 1 Tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper & spray with non stick spray.
- Break up 10 Oreos and set aside.
- Melt chocolate & butter together.
- Mix eggs & sugar with whip attachment for about 8-10 minutes until eggs thicken and get lighter in color.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour melted chocolate/butter mixture into mixer. Make sure it warm, not hot.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix just to combine.
- Take bowl off mixer and stir in crushed Oreos.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 325 degree for 40-45 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- Heat heavy cream and pour over chopped chocolate, stirring till smooth.
- Pour ganache over cooled brownies.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes while you break up the remaining 5 Oreos into different size pieces. This allows the ganache to set up a bit.
- Sprinkle the Oreos on top of the ganache, pressing in slightly. Finish with rainbow sprinkles.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove brownies from pan by gently lifting the parchment paper.
- Use a hot clean knife to make the cuts.