Happy Spring, friends! More importantly, happy Cadbury mini egg season! Due to the fact that I think Spring got lost somewhere, I’m thinking we should celebrate the latter. If you love Cadbury mini eggs you have come to the right place. These little blondie bites are filled with them plus lots of sprinkles! Mini eggs plus sprinkles together in a two bite blondie – almost too much for me to handle.
So I try to hold off on mini eggs for as long as possible because once the first bag is opened I feel as though it’s just all downhill. I really have no idea how they disappear so quickly, like is there seriously 10 ounces in that bag? I might have a slight problem. Thankfully, I managed to pry myself away long enough to make blondies with them. See I was thinking a few weeks ago how you always see brownie bites, but what about blondie bites?
Naturally, I had to remedy this asap. So I got to tweaking my favorite blondie recipe and came up with these Spring fling blondie bites. They take on a slight golden color when baked and sink ever so slightly in the middle. All the mini eggs floating around will make you smile and a few extra sprinkles on top before they go into the oven make them oh so pretty. They’ll definitely have you feeling like it’s Spring even if it doesn’t look that way outside. As I was photographing these yesterday, it was actually flurrying outside… Just throw a few sprinkles in the air, pop a blondie bite and it will all be okay.
While I think these are awesome for any occasion, they are fabulous for Easter! If you’re doing a brunch, these would be perfect to fill little treat bags with for your your guests to take home. I always love sending people home with treats especially if I’m doing a brunch. They are always grateful to have them later on and who doesn’t love a blondie?! This is also a good recipe for kids to help with, and they’re super cute for Easter baskets too! I hope you all have a great weekend!
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces cadbury mini eggs - broken up
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break up cadbury mini eggs - I put them in a ziploc bag and used a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in broken up mini eggs.
- Stir in 4 Tablespoon sprinkles.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick. Scoop blondie batter in using cookie scoop. Top with additional sprinkles if you want.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes.
- Let blondie bites cool completely before you remove them from the pan. If you try to take them out while they're still too warm, they will break!
Most important thing is to break up mini eggs before adding them to the batter. If you add them whole they will sink to the bottom and stick.
Please allow blondie bites to cool before removing from pan. If you try to remove them while they're too warm, they will break.
Once they were cool, I used a mini spatula to pop them right out of the pan. Just remember to spray the pan well with non-stick and you'll be all set.