Normally when I tell people things like this, they just give me a very strange look. What can I tell you, this is how my mind works. So I let the idea stew in my head for a bit, and then I got to work. I kind of followed the same process I did for the penguin cupcakes. With a little fondant and step by step directions, they’re pretty simple to put together.
|1. Cut out yellow circles and attach to cupcakes with buttercream.
2. Cut out eggs & create cracked look with a paring knife.
3. Attach egg shells to fondant covered cupcakes.
- Regular sized cupcakes
- Small batch of buttercream
- Egg shaped cookie cutter,
- Yellow, orange, and black food coloring
- Paint brush
- rainbow disco dust & pink pearl dust
- Prepare cupcakes & buttercream.
- Ice each cupcake with a thin layer of buttercream.
- Color some fondant yellow & roll it out. Using a 3″ ring mold or wine glass, cut out circles.
- Place circles on top of cupcakes.
- Roll out white fondant and using the egg shaped cookie cutter, cut out eggs.
- Cut eggs to look like cracked shell (see photo). Brush the shell lightly with water & dust with disco dust.
- Adhere egg shells to fondant covered cupcakes with a small amount of water.
- For the beak: color a small amount of fondant orange, cut out little triangles.
- Press widest part of triangles together with a dab of water. Adhere beak to face with a dab of water. *You can also use an orange jelly bean.
- For the eyes: I dipped a toothpick in black food coloring & drew them on. *You can also use those little eye candies from Michael’s.
- To give them rosy cheeks, lightly brush on orchid pink pearl dust.
- Accessorize as you wish!