The countdown is on, my friends! Have you put your tree up? Started your Christmas shopping? Finished it? Are you in the midst of cookie baking madness? Please tell me I’m not the only one covered in flour and running solely on cookies for the entire month! It’s the season for baking and sharing, and the sprinkles are flying! I wanted to share my top cookie recipes with you early in the season so you have them all in one place. These are the cookies I make over and over again, and more importantly, the ones you love the most!
Before we get into the spiked and sprinkled, please note that your next email from me will look different. We’re moving on up to a better system, and there will be some fantastic changes around here in the coming weeks! Thank you for being part of it!
Now back to the goods! From homemade milanos and upgraded crinkles, to funfetti shortbread (hello, sprinkles!) there’s something for everyone on your list!
1. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies – These pretty thumbprint cookies are on repeat right now and I think they kind of sparkle! And that amaretto glaze is the icing on the cake!
2. Continuing along with another favorite, Holiday Funfetti Shortbread is right up there! I’ve got this thing with Christmas trees and if you’ve ever wondered how many sprinkles you can pack into one batch of cookies, the answer is around 3,456,799! Just a rough estimate! There’s also a slice and bake option for these, which is so much less time consuming and I’ll be making about 5 batches today so make sure to follow along on Instagram for all the sprinkle madness!
3. It’s not the holidays until someone breaks out the nog! I have to confess that prior to making these Eggnog Cookies, I did not like eggnog. I know, what is that about? How have I lived this long? I was seriously missing out! These gems changes everything, and I think it might have something to do with that blanket of boozy vanilla bean eggnog glaze! Um, can I get a blanket of eggnog glaze over here?
4. Once I discovered my love for the nog, there was no stopping me! I love sandwich cookies, especially when they’re sandwiched with buttercream – boozy buttercream to be exact! These sweet and sassy gingersnap cream sandwiches are one of those that everyone always flips over. In case there’s any doubt, when I made these for a holiday cookie class, they were eating the buttercream from the piping bag! Enough said!
Tip: make sure to undertake the cookies so they stay soft and chewy in the middle!
5. Speaking of sandwich cookies that speak to my heart, have you tried Homemade Spiked Mint Milanos yet? I told ya I have this thing with Christmas trees! And sprinkles. And boozy deserts…
P.S. There’s a how-to video so we can bake together!
6. How about a little chocolate action? Classic turtles got a major upgrade this year with Turtle Thumbprint Cookies! A light cocoa cookie coated in crunchy pecans and filled with homemade caramel – does it get any better? When you add some flaked sea salt it does! I’m so grateful you guys are loving these as much as we do! Thank you for all your positive feedback!
7. Speaking of upgrades, let’s talk about these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies! I don’t know why it took me so long to make this union happen because they’re everything! Crackly, chewy and so festive!
8. Chocolate Marble Cookies are definitely the ones you think are going to be good, but you really have no idea that your’e about to fall madly in love with them. They get slightly crisp around the edges and stay incredibly soft in the middle. A secret ingredient keeps them light and the swirl of chocolate is divine!
Tip: These are even better the next day! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature and just try to stop yourself from calling them breakfast in the morning!
9. Another thumbprint that always a favorite are these Strawberry and Grand Marnier Thumbprints. They’re light, buttery and hello – Grand Marnier!
Tip: These would be awesome with cherry jam too!
10. And last, but certainly not least, Walnut Kiss Cookies. These little cookies are still the most popular Christmas cookie to date on Buttercream Blondie and that’s all thanks to you! They’re my favorite too and they make great presents!
Thanks so much to all of you who have already baked and shared these cookies recipes. Thank you for your emails, comments, and remember to share your photos on the Buttercream Blondie Facebook page, and if you upload them to instagram, make sure to tag me! I love seeing what you guys make!
I have some new cookie recipes headed your way over the next few weeks, along with some new holiday desserts and even some apps for all those holiday parties! I also have a sweet giveaway coming your way that your’e definitely not going to want to miss!