I absolutely LOVE tiramisu! It’s probably one of my all time favorite desserts, it’s definitely in my top five! Tiramisu to me is kind of like that one guy you met years ago that made you completely weak in the knees. You know the one that no matter how much time goes by you would probably go weak again… Yeah that’s me and tiramisu, I have no defenses at all! Okay but seriously there is a very fine line when making a perfect tiramisu.
It’s such a classic that if you’re going to make it, or have it on your menu it needs to be phenomenal. I find that a lot of people make it, but few get it right. I’m really picky about tiramisu, shocker right? Personally I don’t like when people use marsala wine in tiramisu. I learned the hard way to always ask about this before I order it. Then there’s the ladyfingers, if I put my fork in and there is too much liquid the dessert is ruined. I know I’m contrary, but I’m a perfectionist
I had a dinner party over the weekend and decided to put an Irish twist on my tiramisu for dessert. I replaced the Kahlua with Baileys and it surpassed my expectations! I also added a small amount of almond extract to the soaking syrup for the ladyfingers. It definitely added another layer of awesome flavor to the dish. Everyone loved it! The only complaint I received was that I didn’t make more! This is definitely one to try!
- 8oz. mascarpone
- 2 egg yolks
- 1T. trablit (coffee extract)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2T. Baileys
- Mix mascarpone, yolks, and trablit together.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar together.
- Slowly add the Baileys into the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to combine.
- Refrigerate till ready to assemble.
Espresso soaking syrup
- 3T. instant espresso powder
- 20 oz. boiling water
- 2T. Baileys
- 1/2t. almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Stir espresso powder and boiling water together.
- Add remaining ingredients and chill till ready to use.
- 1 pack Italian ladyfingers
- 4 individual trifle dishes
- Dunk 3 ladyfingers in espresso syrup and place in dish.
- Top with Baileys filling.
- Repeat once more.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of espresso powder.