So many good things happening today, guys! I’m teaming up with my friends at Farberware to celebrate Father’s Day with a #BakeforDad dessert and giveaway! It’s a known fact that my dad gets baked goods as presents for holidays and birthdays, and if I dare go home without his favorite cookies or a cake, well, I might as well not go home! That’s where this cheesecake comes in and even better, I get to share my favorite bakeware with you. Great bakeware is essential and this is one sweet giveaway, my friends.
Before we dive into the fabulous giveaway, we need to talk about this cheesecake. This light and creamy, mile-high classic cheesecake filled with fresh lemon zest and draped in fresh blueberry compote – just try to keep your hands off this one! This is one of my go-to recipes, one that you should keep on hand for when you need a fabulous dessert and one you should share with your dad. It’s one of those cheesecakes that as you’re eating it, you can’t get over how it’s both rich and light at the same time. Can you tell I like it?
This is the perfect dessert for Father’s Day and blueberries are beautiful right now. This is also a really great one for any graduations you have coming up, but seriously, who even needs a reason to bake this beauty? Now if you’re not crazy about lemon, don’t be deterred by this. It’s not super lemon-y, it just has lemon zest in it which adds a lovely brightness and lightness to it. The lemon also pairs beautifully with the blueberry compote and just a heads up, you’re going to want to put that blueberry compote on everything from french toast to vanilla ice cream. I speak from experience.
I hope you try this cheesecake and Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing dads out there, especially mine!
Creamy, decadent and unbelievably light pretty much sums up this beautiful cheesecake. Filled with bright lemon zest and a fresh blueberry topping, it’ll always have you going back for one more bite!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tablespoon sugar and melted butter together and press into springform pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and set aside to cool. Once crust is completely cool, wrap pan in a layer of plastic wrap and then wrap in aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In mixer, cream together cream cheese, zest of 1 lemon and 1 cup of sugar on medium speed till fully incorporated.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed just till combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared pan and then place in roasting pan. Fill roasting pan about a quarter of the way with hot water and bake cheesecake for 60-70 minutes till top is set.
- When cheesecake is done, remove from the water bath and set on cooling rack. Once cheesecake has cooled to room temp, refrigerate.
- To make blueberry topping, add blueberries to a medium size sauté pan and place over low to medium heat.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar over the blueberries and toss to coat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes just till the blueberries start to pop and release their juices.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 3-4 minutes till the mixture gets nice and syrupy.
- Spoon blueberry topping over cheesecake and serve.
Okay, let’s move on to this sweet giveaway. As I mentioned above, great bakeware is essential and this set hits all the right marks. The set contains everything you need in your kitchen and is basically my essentials. It includes 2 cookies sheets, 2 (9″) cake pans, 1 cupcake pan, 1 9×13″ pan, a loaf pan and a springform pan. Seriously, it includes everything but me! These are the pans I use all the time and the best part is you can be sure everything will bake evenly. You can enter to win this set by using Rafflecopter below. Thanks for entering and Good Luck!
Disclosure: Giveaway is sponsored by Farberware. All opinions are my own. Giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on Sunday June 22, 2014 11pm EST. Winner will be chosen using random.org and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond and in the event they do not, another winner will be chosen.