Who’s up for some cheesecake? How about another giveaway too? Pretty good way to start the weekend, right? I have been dying to share this cheesecake with you – raspberry goat cheese cheesecake is definitely my new “it” dessert of the season! It’s light and airy with just the right amount of sweet, and it just looks like Spring to me. And today’s giveaway is fabulous too! I have partnered with my friends at Vermont Creamery to bring you the “Buttercream Blondie’s Essentials” package, which consists of all my favorite products including butter, mascarpone, goat cheese and more!
When I think of dessert for Mother’s Day, I automatically think of something light, pretty and classy. A dessert that can be served at dinner or brunch, and something that everyone will love, especially mom! Cheesecake was a clear choice and this one turned out even better than I expected. The sweet from the raspberry jam and the tang from the goat cheese get along beautifully here creating a light and airy cheesecake that gets even better thanks to the amaretti crust. Yup, the amaretti cookies from yesterday make up this flavorful cheesecake crust which basically makes every bite taste like it’s been kissed by Amaretto.
Now you can use store bought amaretti to make the crust, but once you make your own, you’ll never want anything to do with that store bought stuff again! Of course, this can be made with a classic graham cracker crust as well so you’ve got options. The rest of the cheesecake is super easy to put together, just make sure you use a good quality jam. Finished with mounds of fresh raspberries, this dessert is a beautiful ending to Mother’s Day brunch or dinner. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there, especially my mom! I hope you all have a beautiful day!
Now for the giveaway! As I mentioned, my friends at Vermont Creamery were kind enough to put together a package for you that consists of all my favorite products. The Buttercream Blondie Essentials package consists of: fresh goat cheese, unsalted cultured butter, sea salt cultured butter, mascarpone, creme fraiche and the “In the Cheesemaker’s Kitchen” cookbook. These are the products I use every day and I know you will love them! The quality of the Vermont Creamery products is top notch and once you try them and bake with them, you won’t want to use anything else ever again! You can enter to win this box of goodies by using Rafflecopter below. Thanks for entering and Good Luck!
- 6 ounces amaretti cookie crumbs (approximately 1 heaping cup)
- 1.25 ounces (1/4 cup) toasted sliced almonds
- pinch salt
- 1.5 ounces (3 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 8 ounces goat cheese - I use Vermont Creamery
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces raspberry jam
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place toasted almonds in food processor and pulse till you have small crumbs.
- Mix ground almonds, amaretti cookies, pinch of salt and melted butter.
- Press into 9" springform pan that had been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cream cream cheese and goat cheese in mixer on medium speed.
- Add sugar.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, and extracts on low speed.
- Add sour cream and raspberry jam.
- Prepare springform pan by first wrapping it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
- Pour cheesecake batter into springform pan and then place in a roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan halfway with hot water and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- Let cheesecake come to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.