Roasting fruit is one of my favorite ways to dress up dessert and brunch, and roasted cherries totally take the cake! I mean, cherries themselves are amazing, but roasted is a whole different level of awesome. Roasting intensifies the flavors and brings all the sweetness out, begging you to spoon them on just about everything!
All it takes is a few simple ingredients and in about 15 minutes, you have the most incredible, caramelized cherries bubbling up! One really important tip to remember when roasting these is to stir them around halfway through so they roast evenly. Once they’re done, you’ll want to spoon them over ice cream, your morning yogurt, or the incredible Black Forest Cupcakes I have coming your way next! In case you missed it, I shared a preview of those cupcakes on Instagram the other day… I can’t even with the cupcakes!!
I do have to tell you guys that every time I roast a batch of these cherries, I wind up having to make two because I can’t keep my hands off of them… At this point, I think addicted would be an understatement!
I hope you guys enjoy the video, and thank you to everyone who subscribed to my YouTube channel! I am so excited to share this new baking series with all of you! Happy baking!
- 1# cherries, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cherries with vanilla bean paste and sugar, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Spread evenly on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast for approximately 14-15 minutes, stirring the cherries around halfway through.
- Once cherries cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and refrigerate.