1. Good morning, friends! Can you believe we’re into June already? I feel like I went from living in an igloo for a few months and then poof it was Memorial Day. Needless to say, I couldn’t be more thrilled about summer and I’m so excited to share lots of new summer desserts with you! You can expect some “Balancing the Buttercream” posts this season as well. I have so many fresh summer dinners and apps that I’m itching to share! I also want to thank you for all the feedback on the raspberry lemon ruffle cake! The only thing that makes me happier than baking is when you guys make and share, and love the recipes, so thank you! I also want to thank you for the feedback on the cake decorating videos! I love creating baking videos and I am planning on shooting some new ones soon! There will definitely be cake decorating tutorials along with lots of desserts, and if there’s something you’d like to see, let me know!
2. Can we please talk Real Housewives of NY? I gotta tell ya, some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths makes me wonder what planet these chicks live on? They were all out to dinner in the Bershires, because it’s all dinner parties and girls’ trips that are destined to go sour, and they all start weighing in on Bethenny. So, I think everyone knows girlfriend is going through a difficult time in her life, and during this dinner, they’re all going back and forth on the fact that she’s going through stuff and then Heather, aka holla, gets all annoyed, rolls her eyes and says something along the lines of: “Well, I just lost my nanny of 9 years.”
I sure hope they’re able to make it through…
Do you watch? Thoughts?
3. In case you missed it, I posted these Strawberry Rhubarb Creamsicles earlier this week that are totally rocking my world. I’m a bit rhubarb obsessed and I think we all know how I feel about desserts that just happen to turn out pink! And there’s homemade white chocolate magic shell! I have a feeling this summer is going to be filled with lots of popsicles and ice cream! Are there any flavors you’d like to see?
4. Apparently I’m not the only one who’s rhubarb happy, because these Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Bars are the most popular recipe right now! I’m thrilled you guys are enjoying them, and they’re definitely one of my favorites too! I mean juicy strawberries and rhubarb parked on top of a buttery shortbread crust, all tucked under a blanket of crisp topping. What’s not to love?
The only question now is who’s bringing the ice cream?
5. Because we should always end with cake, here’s a pic of the Mother’s Day cake I created for my mom! It was a brown sugar and coffee flavored layer cake with lots and lots of coffee and chocolate buttercream rosettes!
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you next week with some new desserts!