1. Good morning, friends! Isn’t it completely ridiculous how it’s already the middle of October! I could pretend to be sad about time flying, but truth is I’m a little too excited about fall boots and pumpkin everything! Isn’t fall baking the best? My oven has been working over time the past week and I’m super excited about some new Fall desserts coming your way! If you’ve been following along on social media, you may have spotted some sweets I’ve been working on, like the chewy, chocolatey and totally necessary cookies from the other day. These may be my favorite oatmeal cookies to date and I’ll be sharing them very soon!
You may have also spied the caramel apples all dressed up for Halloween! Spoiler alert: They’re coming your way next week along with a fantastic giveaway!
2. Did you know you can subscribe to Buttercream Blondie? Yep, you’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! The reason I bring this up is because a few readers have emailed to say they signed up & are not receiving the emails – unacceptable! So it turns out that after you enter your email address and click “subscribe,” you will get a confirmation email. Once you get that email you must check the box to confirm your subscription. Once you do that, you will receive the emails. So check your inbox, check your spam folder and if need be you can simply submit your email address again. You will find the sign up boxes at the top right of the page, under the “Welcome to Buttercream Blondie” and also at the bottom of each post.
Most importantly, thank you times about a million for subscribing to Buttercream Blondie, baking the recipes, liking Buttercream Blondie on facebook, following along on instagram and listening to me ramble on about how much I love sprinkles!
3. When I was home in NY a few weeks ago, my mom and aunts took me to see Once for my birthday and it was fabulous! It was set in Dublin and they definitely nailed the Irish humor and the music was fantastic. If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend!
Have you seen any good show recently? I’m always looking for suggestions!
4. While I was home, I finally got to spend time with some of my dearest friends. And it turns out that along with bringing baked goods everywhere I go, I also christen kitchens! My friend recently moved into a new place in Hell’s Kitchen and it was time to see what that oven could do. Actually, I was given a bunch of ingredients and told “this is what I have.” That paired with the cutest little kitchen in his studio apartment and I felt like I was on an episode of Chopped.
I guess I should add that there was a party happening that night, and I had about an hour and 30 minutes before the guests arrived. And your time starts now!
Armed with bourbon and a trusty mixer, I got to work. We also made my signature blondies because it’s not a party unless sprinkles are flying! The best part was I took the bourbon chocolate chip cookie bars out of the oven as everyone arrived so they got devoured while they were still warm. And I cannot even repeat the comments that were made while those cookie bars were disappearing. This is not that kind of site 😉
And none of this would have been possible without my fantastic sous chef! #RealMenBake
4. Speaking of Chocolate Chip Bourbon Cookie Bars, I cannot believe how many of you already made them! I can’t even believe how many times I’ve made them since. They’re like Frangelico Nutella Tiramisu level good, and you know that’s some good stuff. In all seriousness though, the only thing that can possibly top getting to do what I love is when you guys bake the desserts and love them!
5. Because the only birthday cake I have ever requested is a Carvel ice cream cake and this one just might trump them all. It was vanilla ice cream, a layer of crunchies and NUTELLA ice cream!! Something tells me it’s going to be a sweet year!