Hey guys! Can you believe it’s October already? This means more apple desserts, more pumpkin desserts, new baking videos, and Halloween treats! Oh, the excitement level and I won’t even go into my love for ridiculous amounts of pumpkin coffee and all the cute fall boots I’m seeing everywhere! But before we dash into all these new Fall treats, we need to catch up. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of travel, good food and of course – cake!
1. First up was a trip to Ireland! I am so grateful for such a fantastic trip and great weather. This year we were on a Tauck tour, and we stayed in Clare, Cork and Dublin. It was 8 days of non-stop going! You get to see so much and learn so much when you’re on a tour, and we even spent a few nights in the beautiful Dromoland Castle. There were a few high teas, one at the castle and one at the Westbury in Dublin, that were absolutely brilliant, and if you follow along on Instagram, you may have noticed that I managed to squeeze some bakery hopping in as well! Oh, and we even had a private dinner at the Jameson Distillery in Dublin that involved a whiskey tasting. As you can imagine, that was definitely a highlight for me!
There is so much I’d love to share with you about this trip that I’m going to do an Ireland post with lots photos including recommendations on where to stay and where to get the best afternoon tea, scones, etc! Stay tuned!
2. Next up is the Ombre Rose Cake I made for my Grandma’s 80th birthday! Right before Ireland, we had a surprise birthday party for my grandma, and afterward she said it was the happiest day of her life 🙂 It was so nice to get the whole family together, and I knew I wanted to create a really special cake for my Gram. I went with a 2-tiered rose cake that seemed to fit her perfectly. It was my first time tackling a full on rose cake and I was pretty happy with the result. You can’t really tell in the photos, but there was a little sparkle over the top that really made it! Most importantly, my Gram was thrilled with it!
3. I want to say a huge Thank You to everyone who subscribed to my YouTube channel! I cannot even put into words how much I appreciate the support, and was thrilled to see you guys making the new desserts, like the Black Forest Cupcakes and the Boozy Irish Cream Cheesecake Pops! It may be Fall, but I think those boozy cheesecake pops are perfect all year – hello, Girl’s Night!
In case you missed it – I know we all had a lot going on over the summer – here is the trailer for “Flirt with Dessert” and if you haven’t already, hit that Subscribe button! Spoiler alert: There’s new videos coming soon!
4. Wondering what videos are coming up? Cake decorating!!! I’m just a little excited. Okay, I’m a lot excited! I love cake!
5. Last, but certainly not least, I don’t know what your plans are this weekend, but you might want to make some adjustments…
Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars are once again the most popular recipe on ButtercreamBlondie, and they totally get my vote as well. Brown sugar shortbread, vanilla bean cheesecake & cinnamon dusted apples all tucked under a blanket of crisp topping – um, sign me up!
Happy baking and if you guys have any requests for Fall desserts, leave me a comment! Enjoy the weekend and I’ll see you next week with an epic apple recipe and a giveaway!!