Good morning, friends! Can you believe it’s the middle of June already? This means lots of no-bake desserts, new boozy milkshakes in the works, and cakes upon cakes upon cakes! I’ve got a new strawberry shortcake inspired cake coming your way soon that I’m quite smitten with, and I hope you will be too! You can expect some new “Balancing the Buttercream” posts this season as well. I have so many fresh summer dinners and apps that I’m itching to share for summer entertaining! But before we dive into all these new summer sweets and dishes, we need to catch up!
1. I guess we should start with this luscious little love fest happening right here! This tower is from a custom bourbon dessert bar I recently created for an event and I have to tell you, I loved every single minute of it. From creating the menu to baking to dusting each cupcake with a hint of gold dust, I basically spent the week skipping around. For all of you who have been inquiring about how to order desserts and cakes, thank you! I am currently booking in the Boston area as well as NYC. You can email me directly, or send a note through the contact page and I will get back to you asap! Thanks to everyone who has reached out!
This little bourbon pecan pie army right here is my kind of army and that sprinkle of flaked sea salt totally sealed the deal. File these under perks of the job!
2. Thank you to everyone who entered the last few giveaways and congratulations to the winners! Thank you for all your positive feedback on the raspberry cheesecake icebox cake too! I’m so happy you guys are enjoying it and feel free to change it up with strawberries or blueberries. I’m thinking I may do a red, white and blue one next!
3. Father’s Day is Sunday and I don’t know what says I love you more than chocolate whiskey layer cake! Three layers of the lightest whiskey infused chocolate cake filled with Baileys buttercream and should I mention the Jameson chocolate ganache drizzle? Just make sure you save me a piece, okay?
Want an incredible dessert, but don’t feel like turning on the oven? You must try the Ultimate No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie! This is my go-to dessert in the summer and it’s that one dessert that everybody always raves about, and it couldn’t be easier to make!
4. Peaches are finally in season and they are gorgeous! As soon as you get your hands on some, please make this peachy bourbon crumb cake. It’s one of my all-time favorite recipes and that glaze – that bourbon vanilla bean glaze is everything. You’ll also find a tip in there on how to get a really great crumb on the crumb cake, and I mean, isn’t that what it’s all about?
5. Last, but definitely most exciting, I’m heading back to Nashville again and I cannot wait! I’ll be restaurant and bakery hopping all over town and all I know is I spotted a frozen Pimm’s Cup on one menu the other day and let’s just say I know exactly where I’m going from the airport! I hope you’ll follow along on Instagram and if you have any recommendations, please share!
6. And because I always have to end on a sweet note, cupcakes are ALWAYS the answer! P.S. Would you guys like a tutorial on how to make a rose cupcake?