Rich, creamy hot cocoa topped with a big dollop of fresh whipped cream – does it get much better? You bet it does. Add a nice dose of Godiva white chocolate liqueur to the situation and you’ve got a pretty good thing going on!
So I’m going to keep this short today guys because I’ve got a super busy day. I’ve got a video shoot this afternoon, and tonight is the big holiday cookie class! Exciting stuff! Anyway, I just had to share this recipe because we will be enjoying it this evening, and you should too.
I promise this is simple and quick to make, and aside from being toasty warm, it will also leave you feeling a little toasty 😉 And if the white chocolate liqueur isn’t enough to make you swoon, the fresh nutmeg totally seals the deal. Fresh makes all the difference here, just grate a little into the mixture, a little more on top of the whipped cream, and you’ll wonder why you ever settled for anything out of a package!
If you’re lucky, you’ll already have some of these cookies hanging around to enjoy with your hot cocoa. Boozy hot cocoa plus walnut kiss cookies is a total win. Trust me. Enjoy, drink up, and I’ll see you here on Thursday with a new holiday cookie!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half&half
- 1/2 cup liqueur
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated cinnamon & nutmeg
- Bring milk, half & half, and liqueur to a simmer.
- Whisk cocoa powder, salt, sugar, freshly grated cinnamon & nutmeg together in big measuring cup.
- Pour hot liquid over dries whisking continuously.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Top with whipped cream & garnish with a cinnamon stick.