A party waiting to happen? Check!
I think that just about covers it, you? These boozy Irish cream cheesecake pops are everything you could want in a satisfying, luscious dessert without any of the work. They’re kind of a dream come true…
I wanted to create a fun frozen treat that was super easy to make, and more importantly, kick-ass in the flavor department. That’s when I thought of cheesecake, boozy cheesecake! The Irish cream adds such a silkiness to these pops, as well as a definite kick! It all comes together in about 10 minutes and my only advice is to set a timer so you remember to insert the popsicle sticks. Trust me on that one!
A quick dip in homemade magic shell and I gotta tell ya, that really puts them over the top. You get that crisp chocolate coating, then the cool, creamy cheesecake followed by the pop of Irish cream – it’s a very good situation.
And don’t forget the sprinkles!
Don’t forget to share your bakes, or in this case no-bakes with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ButtercreamBlondie. Enjoy the video and happy baking!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/3 cup Baileys Irish cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Crushed Oreos, if you want to go that route!
- You will need:
- 6 Dixie cups
- 6 Popsicle ticks
- Homemade magic shell for dipping
- Place cream cheese, sugar and light brown sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add sour cream and continue to pulse. Give the bowl a good scrape down to make sure everything is combined.
- Add Baileys and vanilla bean paste, mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly into cups and freeze for 45-60 minutes until pops are firm enough to insert popsicle sticks.
- Cookies and cream variation: Transfer cheesecake mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in crushed Oreos, about 5-6. Spoon mixture into cups and freeze for 45-60 minutes until pops are firm enough to insert popsicle sticks.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze pops at least 6 hours. Remove paper wrappers and dip in homemade magic shell.
- Freeze until ready to enjoy.
Set a timer so you remember to insert the popsicle sticks!
Using paper cups are key since the cheesecake is on the thicker side. It makes life easy being able to spoon the cheesecake in and simply unwrap them when set!
These are best within 3 days of making.