Doesn’t it just look like summer on a plate? If you’re a fan of classic caprese, I have your new favorite dish right here! I’m talking perfectly ripe cherry tomatoes, lots of basil, fresh mozzarella and a balsamic reduction that totally transforms your usual chicken routine! And hello, ready in under 30 minutes? Sign me up!
You guys know I’m all about easy, fast and flavorful when it comes to dinner, and this 30 minute chicken caprese skillet checks all the boxes and then some! I’m also super excited to share this recipe with you because it’s part of a fun Olympics-themed campaign with my friends at Farberware all about international cuisines that the whole family will love. I gotta tell ya, I think this one is a winner. I know I may be biased, but it’s one of those dishes everyone loves, especially when that cheese starts to melt!
Okay, so my big tip for this one is to spoon the balsamic reduction all over the chicken before you put the cheese on top so all the flavors can get to know each other. You’ll know exactly what I mean when you read the recipe! Speaking of that balsamic reduction, you’re not going to believe how easy it is to make. Just a touch of brown sugar adds a little sweetness and turns it into a beautiful reduction that adds so much oomph to this dinner! I don’t know about you, but I love oomph! You might just find yourself at the stove scooping up the last of the sweet cherry tomatoes with all the balsamic you can manage to scrape up…
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one, I know you’ll love it!
Thanks so much for reading! Happy baking and cooking! xo
Classic Caprese gets a major upgrade with this easy, cheesy chicken Caprese skillet! Ready in less than 30 minutes and full of fresh flavor, this is one dish the whole family is sure to love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, (4 pieces total)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnish
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Farberware® PURECOOK™ Ceramic Nonstick 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet followed by minced garlic. Sauté garlic for 30-45 seconds until fragrant. Lower heat and add balsamic vinegar slowly, being very careful as you add the vinegar. Add light brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Increase heat back to medium heat and as soon as the balsamic comes up to a bubble, add halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes, just until tomatoes start to soften. Add chopped basil and toss everything together.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to the pan. Spoon sauce on top of the chicken so all the flavors can come together. Top each piece of chicken with 2 slices of cheese and then cover skillet for about 3 minutes so cheese can melt.
- Remove from heat, garish with additional basil and serve.
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe and post was sponsored by Farberware. Thank you for your continued support in allowing me to work with brands I love.