Time to shake things up around here with one of my favorite go-to comfort foods! Turkey lasagna rolls are one of those recipes I make again and again, and I could not wait any longer to share it with you guys! This is the time of year when it starts getting really busy and easy weeknight meals are a must. And since you guys know I’m all about balancing the buttercream, these lasagna rolls are lightened up too, but you’d never know it!
Even better, this is also the next recipe in the Pure Holiday series with Farberware, which means we’ve got another fantastic giveaway for you just in time for the holidays. Lasagna and new cookware – I’d say that’s a win, win!
First we need to talk about these glorious, cheesy lasagna rolls – cheesy always equates to glorious, right? I love these for so many reasons, and am a full believer that lasagna rolls trump traditional lasagna every single time. It just seems so much easier to me and I love the presentation. It’s also built in portion control, which helps when you’re testing lots and lots of holiday cookies!
I made a quick meat sauce with ground turkey, which is another great swap, and then an easy spinach filling. I think the one thing that really makes this dish is adding a spoon of sauce to each lasagna noodle before you roll them up. It really locks in that flavor, and of course adding even more cheese on top before you send it in the oven to fulfill its destiny doesn’t hurt either.
The other thing I love about this dish is you can make it ahead. Just assemble, freeze and bake it when you want. You’ll find directions for freezing it with the recipe as well so you’ve got options.
Hope you love it! xo
Give traditional lasagna a twist with turkey lasagna rolls. Packed with flavor and easy to prepare, this will quickly become a regular at your house!
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a Farberware® PURECOOK™ 5-Quart Dutch Oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Drain pasta and lay on a parchment covered pan so they don’t stick.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Farberware® PURECOOK™ 11.5-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook for another 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add marinara sauce, reserving 1/2 cup sauce for filling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes so flavors can blend together. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, spinach, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a Farberware® 9x13-inch baking pan. Spread about 1.5 cups of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese filling down each noodle and spread evenly, leaving about a 1/2 inch at each end. Spoon 1 tablespoon reserved marinara sauce down each noodle. Roll lasagna noodles up jelly roll style and place in baking dish seam side down. Top rolls with the remaining sauce and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- If baking right away, cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes until heated through.
- If freezing, wrap well and freeze. Transfer to fridge 24 hours before baking. From the fridge, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until heated through.
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware.