I love coming up with quick, easy, delicious dinners that instantly become regulars, and I have been dying to share this one with you! Taco pasta is the latest recipe I created for the Farberware Pure Holiday series, and I cannot even tell you how fast this meal disappeared!
Anything that has to do with tacos automatically gets my attention, but after combining it with pasta, I had one of those “where have you been all my life” kind of moments.
It’s packed with all the flavors you expect in tacos, like cumin, garlic and chili powder, and then it’s combined with pasta where it all simmers together creating the most comforting dish. It’s one of those incredibly versatile dishes you can easily customize, which is always a plus in my book. You can add some more heat, swap ground turkey for the beef, or add some black beans. Once everyone has had time to mix and mingle, I shut the heat, sprinkle some cheese on top, and pop a lid on it. The residual heat melts the cheese and it takes just about everything in you not to grab a spoon and call it a day!
I also want to mention the jumbo skillet I cooked it in because I’m in love with it! It’s part of the new Farberware purecook ceramic cookware featured last week in the giveaway and it’s one of those skillets that will definitely become a staple in the kitchen. I cooked everything in there, then added the pasta, tossed it and still had room to top it! I love being able to fit everything in the one skillet and it’s oven safe to 350 degrees so if you need to warm something up, you’re covered. Plus it’s pretty, so you can go right from the stove to the table! It’s a win on every level!
Back to the pasta! I was planning on leaving it as is with the melted cheese and some fresh cilantro when it hit me that I needed to add some tortilla chips! I crushed up some chips, sprinkled them over the top, and then added some diced tomatoes and fresh cilantro. Talk about the icing on the cake! I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as we did!
Mexican meets Italian in this comforting pasta dish. Filled with loads of fresh flavors and topped crushed tortilla chips, this will definitely become a go-to dinner!
- 12 ounces pasta, such as rotelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion , diced, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies, such as Rotel
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crumbled up
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- cilantro for garnish
- Bring a Farberware® PURECOOK Ceramic Nonstick 5 Qt. Dutch Oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Farberware® PURECOOK Ceramic Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Add onion (reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish), garlic, bell pepper, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and dried oregano, and cook until onion and pepper are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Head over to Farberware for the remainder of the Easy Taco Pasta recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. All opinions are my own.