A few days later somewhere during the fifth mile of my run, it hit me, Nutella! I knew if Nutella was going to be involved, then Frangelico needed to get in on this too! I really liked where this dessert was going, and couldn’t wait to start making the different components.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2t. vanilla bean paste
- 5T. Frangelico
- Bring heavy cream, half & half, and sugar to a simmer.
- Whisk yolks a vanilla bean paste together in a bowl and slowly add in hot cream mixture whisking constantly.
- Once you whisk in about half the cream mixture, transfer everything back into the pot.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly till thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Strain and add Frangelico
- Refrigerate and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 1/2 pack oreo cookies (approx. 1 & 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 4T. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter.
- Place 2T. crumb mixture in each muffin mold/mini pie tin, pressing into bottom and sides.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate
- 4T. Nutella
- 1T. light corn syrup
- Bring heavy cream to a scald. Pour over chocolate and stir to melt.
- Add nutella and corn syrup.
- 8T. Nutella
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts
- sea salt
- Spoon 1T. of Nutella in the bottom of each cooled cookie crust.
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream on top and freeze to firm up, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon Nutella ganache over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and sea salt.