Snack time! I don’t think it’s even possible to tell you guys how good this homemade ranch snack mix is! It’s one of those recipes that’s one part where have you been my whole life, and help – I can’t stop eating it. I don’t know about you, but I like those kind of recipes and if you’re a snacker like me, you’re going to be in heaven.
So homemade snack mix is always a good idea, but what seals the deal is the homemade ranch seasoning mix. It’s super simple to toss together with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, and it makes all the difference!
For the mix itself, I started out with some classic Chex cereal and then added mini pretzels, baked cheese crackers (!!!) and cashews. Yes, yes and yes! I love the cashews in it, but you can definitely use what you have on hand.
Toss everything together with a little melted butter, pop it in the oven and you’re ready to party! This is great for parties, movie night, football games and I can’t believe I’m going to say it already – holiday parties. The holidays will be here before you know it and this is a fantastic recipe to have on hand for get-togethers, and it even makes great gifts. Fill little jars, add a cute tag and pair it with a great bottle of wine. I know I’d be happy 🙂
Classic snack mix gets a major upgrade with the addition of homemade ranch seasoning. Add this to your party menus, or pack it up for a great road trip snack!
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups toasted corn cereal, (e.g. Chex™ Cereal)
- 2 1/2 cups toasted rice cereal, (e.g. Chex™ Cereal)
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups baked cheese crackers
- 3/4 cups unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dried dill, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cereal, mini pretzels, cheese crackers and cashews.
- Add homemade ranch mixture to the large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add melted butter and toss to coat.
- Divide mixture between two parchment-lined Farberware® 11x17-inch cookie sheets and bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Store snack mix in an airtight container.
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for your continued support and allowing me to share what I love.