Comfort food season has arrived, friends! From the top holiday cookies to the cheesiest meatballs you need to make, we’re covering all the bases this season! I’m changing things up today with a savory recipe that’s sure to be a hit this holiday. Actually, these mozzarella stuffed meatballs are sure to be a hit any time you make them, but there’s something about a cozy meal simmering on the stove this time of year, waiting to be paired with a bottle of wine and shared with friends that makes it even better!
This is the next recipe I created in partnership with Farberware, and it’s one that I truly hope makes an appearance at your dinner table, or holiday parties this year! My intention was to create a dish the whole family would love, was easy to prepare, and one that doubled as dinner and an outstanding appetizer for all those holiday celebrations!
To me, meatballs are the ultimate comfort food, and it’s one of those dishes that everyone loves, so you don’t have to worry about making 25 separate dinners… I lightened them up a bit by using ground turkey, and then I went and stuffed them with a cube of mozzarella cheese, because in my mind that equates to some sort of balance!
Ya with me?
I must confess, these turned out even better than I expected, and I think they’re even better the next day – if they last that long! While I love serving them over a big plate of pasta, I think my favorite way to serve them is right in the skillet along side a loaf of homemade garlic bread. So good!
We already know they’re great for dinner, but make these mini and you have an awesome holiday appetizer for parties. I love to serve them with a small bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. They’re always the first thing to go!
Whatever way you make them, or serve them, just be sure to pencil these in! Please invite me over when you make them. I’ll bring the wine! And cake!
Speaking of sweets, I have two new sweet recipes coming your way! Stay tuned!
This easy, cheesy twist on classic comfort food is one dinner everyone will love!
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat lead parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Combine turkey, egg, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and milk in a bowl. Form into 12 (1 and 1/2”) meatballs and stuff each with a cube of cheese, making sure to seal the edges.
- Heat olive oil in a Farberware Cookstart 9.75-Inch Frying Pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add marinara sauce. Simmer meatballs until cooked through, turning occasionally, about 15-20 minutes. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for supporting Buttercream Blondie and allowing me to share what I love.