What could be better than Nutella Cheesecake? How about double the Nutella, as in Nutella chocolate ganache tucked under the cheesecake. I don’t kid around when it comes to cheesecake or Nutella! And the best part – it’s no bake and super easy. I should probably mention there’s boozy whipped cream involved too. Go grab a spoon!
So this cheesecake is where I turn when I want to make a fabulous cheesecake, but don’t have time or energy for springform pans, water baths, ovens, etc. You know what I mean? At first glance it just appears to be a simple Nutella cheesecake, but there’s so much more to this little gem!
You start out with a basic Oreo cookie crust to add a little crunch. Next, you make a chocolate Nutella ganache. If you think Nutella is good right out of the jar, you just wait till you try Nutella ganache – I apologize in advance 🙂 Spoon that right over the Oreo crust, and then comes my favorite part – sea salt. Sprinkle a little sea salt over the ganache and then send them off into the fridge to set up. You’ll find out with the first bite that the sea salt balances the dessert and makes it pop; it’s nothing short of magical.
Next, you make the cheesecake filling with a good dose of Nutella and mascarpone. The mascarpone adds a creaminess to the cheesecake that can only be described as luscious. The flavor is subtle and adds a lovely lightness to the finished dish. Last up is the Frangelico whipped cream. That little bit of Frangelico gives it a nice pop and the toasted hazelnuts tie it all together. One bite and you’ll be hooked, as in excuse me while I lick the bowl…
This recipe yielded 4 parfait glasses for me because I really filled them! I would say you can easily make 6 out of this recipe and it would be plenty. Whatever you do this weekend, make this! It’s one of those desserts you’ll find yourself making again and again. Happy baking!
- 1 cup oreo cookie crumbs (about 15 cookies)
- 1.5 ounces (3 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 4.5 ounces (3/4 cup) dark chocolate
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Nutella
- sea salt for sprinkling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Nutella
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces (1 cup) heavy cream
- 1.5 ounces (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Frangelico
- hazelnuts for garnish
- Melt butter and mix with cookie crumbs.
- Press 2 Tbsp. crumb mixture in the bottom of parfait glasses and refrigerate.
- In small saucepan, bring heavy cream up to a scald.
- Pour over chopped chocolate and whisk till smooth.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. ganache in each parfait glass.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt over ganache and refrigerate.
- Cream cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed till smooth. I used a hand mixer for this.
- Add Nutella and continue mixing.
- Stir in mascarpone till combined.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla extract and remaining powdered sugar till stiff.
- Stir about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture to lighten it.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream till everything is combined.
- Fill parfait glasses with cheesecake filling. I used a piping bag with tip #808 to fill the glasses. You can also just spoon the filling in.
- Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and Frangelico till stiff.
- Spoon on top of parfaits when ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts