‘Tis the season for pumpkin cheesecake and I’ve got three words: bring it on! I don’t think I’ve ever met a cheesecake I didn’t like and this gem is no exception. Not only does it have that whole no bake thing going for it making our lives nice and easy . Even better, it’s got a hidden layer tucked under the cheesecake creating one sweet and sassy dessert you will definitely save room for on Thanksgiving. Do I even need to mention the bourbon whipped cream parked on top?
The one thing you will always find on my Thanksgiving dessert table, in some shape or form, is pumpkin cheesecake. I knew I wanted to create a no-bake one this year, but you know I had to give it a little twist, right? So I started out with a gingersnap crust and you know, those store bought gingersnaps have got a serious kick to them. Then I made the cheesecake filling with all those warm spices that scream fall and that’s when it clicked – white chocolate ganache!
A little white chocolate ganache on top of the crust, tucked below the cheesecake makes this cheesecake all sorts of magical. You pretty much know what you’re getting into with pumpkin cheesecake, but when you take a spoon of this, the white chocolate makes it pop. It’s the perfect amount of sweet to balance all the spices going on.
I should also mention that the white chocolate ganache has this smooth consistency that even straight from the fridge, it goes on that spoon like butter. Like I said, magical.
And how pretty does it look all layered up? It’s one of those desserts that looks gorgeous when you present it and I always find that people love when they get their own little dish, present company included. This recipe yielded four servings because I really filled them! You will get six nice servings out of this one and another great idea is to do mini ones.
And let’s not forget that bourbon whipped cream lending a little kick tying this whole ensemble together! All that’s left to do now is go grab a spoon!
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs ( about 22 store bought gingersnaps)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 ounces white chooclate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 8 ounces pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Bourbon
- Gingersnap crumbs for garnish
- Melt butter and mix with cookie crumbs.
- Press 2 Tbsp. crumb mixture in the bottom of parfait glasses and refrigerate.
- In small saucepan, bring heavy cream up to a scald.
- Pour over chopped chocolate and whisk till smooth.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. ganache in each parfait glass and refrigerate.
- Cream cream cheese, light brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. I used a hand mixer for this, you can also use a stand mixer on medium speed.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar till stiff.
- Stir about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture to lighten it.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream till everything is combined.
- Fill parfait glasses with cheesecake filling. I used a piping bag with tip #808 to fill the glasses. You can also just spoon the filling in.
- Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and Bourbon till stiff.
- Spoon on top of parfaits when ready to serve.
- Garnish with gingersnap crumbs.