No bake, beyond easy and there’s Nutella involved – does it get any better? Actually, it does. Today I’m sharing my favorite spin on a classic treat, and I’m partnering with my friends at Farberware to bring you another fabulous giveaway. This time we’re celebrating tried-and-true meets modern day with fun summer recipes and a cookware giveaway. I’ll be bringing you two new desserts, starting with these divine Nutella Krispie Treats, and one lucky reader will have their pick of the classic series or stainless steel cookware set! And believe me, both sets are pretty sweet and so are these krispie treats!
So first we need to talk about these krispie treats. I zhushed up the retro treat with the one and only Nutella and turns out, they should come with some kind of warning label! Beyond easy to make, no baking required and I don’t even want to talk about how many I polished off. The only way you can make them even better is to drizzle them with chocolate. I started with dark chocolate, which was fabulous and then did some with white chocolate too – a girl’s gotta have options. What’s not optional is the sea salt! A little sprinkle of coarse sea salt balances out the sweet beautifully.
Can you say summer love?! Seriously, these are always a good idea, but even more so when it’s way too hot to turn the oven on. And don’t forget to tune in Tuesday for another summer sweet you definitely won’t want to miss!
A favorite childhood treat gets a sweet upgrade with the addition of chocolate-hazelnut spread. Drizzle each treat with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt for the ultimate treat.
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10.5 ounces (1 bag) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, e.g. Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
- Prepare a 9x13" pan by lightly greasing with oil or butter. Line the pan with parchment paper and an additional light coating of oil or butter.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Head over to Farberware for the remainder of the Nutella Krispie Treat recipe Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for your continued support and allowing me to share what I love.