Who doesn’t love a classic egg salad sandwich? It’s even better with sriracha, avocado and bacon! Then again, what isn’t? It’s been a hot couple of days here in Boston and as much as I’m looking forward to Fall and apple desserts and pumpkin everything, I’ll take summer for as long as possible!
With temps on the rise and my refusing to turn the oven on unless I absolutely have to, this kicked-up egg salad has been on heavy rotation in my house. It’s one of those no-brainers and I love the idea of open-faced sandwiches. They look so pretty, especially with those bacon sprinkles, and they’re so satisfying without feeling heavy. Key for right now, and for when you’re testing new desserts 😉
I kept the egg salad really light by using Greek yogurt and a good dose of sriracha makes it pop. Some diced avocado adds that creamy factor balancing it all out and hello to those crispy bacon sprinkles.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try. It’s a fantastic one for the long holiday weekend, and I’ve been loving it for brunch lately too! Have a great holiday weekend!
Egg salad gets spicy with the addition of sriracha! Tossed with crumbled bacon and creamy avocado, this kicked-up classic is sure to become your new go-to recipe.
- 8 hard boiled eggs, (4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 pieces crisp bacon, divided
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, or greens of choice
- 6 slices whole grain bread
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, yogurt, sriracha, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chopped eggs and mix.
- Add green onion, 3 slices of crumbled bacon and cubed avocado, and mix gently.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide greens evenly among bread and top with egg salad.
- Garnish with remaining slice of crumbled up bacon.
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for your continued support and allowing me to share what I love.