I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like oreos. They are a classic comfort cookie! I usually only make these on special occasions or for special people, but today I was just in the mood to whip up a batch. Like everything else in my life, I decided to make them heart shaped. Now making your own oreos takes a little bit of work, but believe me they are sooo worth it! Whoever you make these for will definitely appreciate them and you! Once you’ve had them you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
I bake them just long enough that they are slightly crunchy around the edge and a bit soft in the center. YUM!!! Be careful who you share them with because after just one bite they will fall in love 😉 These cookies should be served with a glass of milk and a warning label!
|Creaming butter and sugar|
|This part can get a little messy…|
|Hot out of the oven|
|Of course I had to make the filling PINK|
|Fill a piping bag to minimize mess|
|Looking ABSOLUTELY DECADENT|
- Sift 2 & 2/3 cups cocoa powder, 3 cups AP flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cream 2 sticks unsalted butter and 4 cups sugar.
- Add 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add dries a little at a time just till combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest over night.
- Roll out dough and use cocoa powder to dust the surface instead of flour.
- Using cookie cutters of your choice cut cookies out and bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- While cookies are cooling make filling by creaming 2 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter and 4 cups 10x. Add the 10x slowly to prevent getting covered in it. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste and let this mix till it is super fluffy.
- Fill and enjoy!