Are you guys ready for the big holiday weekend? What better way to kick off the official unofficial start to summer than with cake, and even better, a no-bake one! I’m beyond excited about this cake and this post for so many reasons!
First, we’re talking about cake and as far as I’m concerned cake is always cause for celebration, especially when it’s this good – look at those layers! Second, I’ve been itching to make an icebox cake and this no-bake raspberry cheesecake icebox cake is definitely reason to celebrate! And because you should definitely be showing up with your fancy pants icebox cake in style this summer, there’s a sweet bakeware and cookware giveaway from my friends at Farberware!
Summer is filled with potlucks and block parties, and they always involve icebox cakes. Growing up in the city, I don’t remember going to any potlucks, but what I do remember is running through sprinklers and sitting on the stoop, waiting to hear that magical little tune from the ice cream truck. Music to my ears, people! While I do not feel deprived in the least, who could while deciding between a Chipwich and creamsicle, I’m definitely not one to miss out on the goods – this case being the beloved icebox cake.
I mean, I had to know what was so magical about it. And how are you going to call it a cake? I did a little research and I gotta tell ya, the results weren’t all sprinkles and sparkles. But I was still kind of intrigued by the graham crackers taking on a so-called cake like texture after mingling with the other ingredients, and I love when something isn’t all sprinkles and sparkles to begin with because it means I get to take a classic and zhush it up. The makeover process went something like this:
Step 1: Ditch the boxed mix.
Step 2: Add a wealth of flavor by creating a quick, delicious, gooey jam you’ll want to take a bath in.
Step 3: Turn it into cheesecake.
Step 4: Top it off with a layer of spiked whipped cream so fluffy, you could take a nap on it.
Friends, I’m happy to share I’m now on the icebox cake bandwagon – a new one. It’s definitely pink. This raspberry cheesecake icebox cake is light, satisfying, fruity, flavorful, and the graham crackers really do soften and take on an almost cake like texture. Plus, the filling is pink so there’s that! I love to pile on the fresh raspberries before serving for an extra pop of fresh, flavor and pretty.
I hope you kick off your summer with this luscious berry fest. You’ll definitely be the hit of the potluck or the block party.
Or the stoop!
Classic icebox cake gets a major upgrade with homemade raspberry compote and a decadent cheesecake filling! This easy, no-bake treat is perfect for your summer celebrations and potlucks!
- 12 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 22-24 graham cracker sheets, (about 3 sleeves)
- 1 tablespoon orange flavored liqueur, (optional)
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, for topping
- To make the raspberry compote, toss 12 ounces raspberries with granulated sugar and lemon juice in a 10-inch Farberware® PURECOOK™ Ceramic Nonstick Skillet and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes, or until berries start to bubble and release their juices. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer berries for 10-12 minutes, until berries are thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and strain immediately, pressing as much juice through as you can. Refrigerate compote until completely cool and ready to assemble cake.
- Head over to Farberware for the remainder of the Raspberry Icebox Cake recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware.