Good morning! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. There’s something about this time of year that I just love. We’re easing into summer, planning getaways, and thankfully, things seem to slow down a bit.
My favorite part of these days is the mornings. It’s still cool enough where you can sit outside, drink a cup of coffee, and just relax. I also find that a few extra minutes in the morning without any distractions does wonders. What’s even better is when you have a fantastic muffin to enjoy, and it just so happens I have a new summer muffin to share with you today!
Raspberry goat cheese muffins are light, summery, and just a really good way to start the day. The goat cheese adds a creaminess to them, yet they’re unbelievably light. The fresh raspberries give them a brightness that says “hello summer.” When you break that first piece off and see all those berries flooding the muffin with both color and flavor, you might even find yourself going for a second! I used raspberries because they were too beautiful to pass up at the market, but you can use whatever berries you have on hand.
Whether you’re hosting a brunch, or just want to give yourself a little treat, I hope you try these!
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/4 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add in goat cheese and mix till combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with milk.
- Gently fold in raspberries and fill muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degree for 22 - 25 minutes rotating once halfway through.
Please note I baked these in regular sized cupcake tins.