This cheesecake has a very elegant look and the hot pink color of the raspberry swirl going through it just makes the whole thing pop. Aside from adding a beautiful color to the cheesecake, the raspberry swirl also adds a vibrant flavor. The slight tartness cuts the sweet, creamy texture of the cheesecake perfectly.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until combined.
- Press mixture into a 9″ springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- 3/4 cup raspberry puree
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whisk together puree and cornstarch till there are no lumps.
- Set aside to thicken while you make the cheesecake batter.
- 24 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Mix cream cheese and sugar in mixer.
- Add cornstarch and mix until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla bean paste.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Wrap the springform pan in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Pour half the cheesecake batter into the cooled crust.
- Spoon in half the raspberry puree and swirl with a toothpick.
- Pour in the remaining cheesecake batter.
- Spoon in the remaining raspberry puree and swirl with a toothpick.
- Place the pan in a roasting pan and fill half way with hot water.
- Bake for 1-11/4 hours until it sets and starts to get a slight golden color.
- When the cheesecake is done remove from water bath and set on a cooling rack.
- Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.