I’m going to keep it short and sweet today, guys because this cheesecake speaks for itself. This no-bake chocolate cheesecake filled with dark chocolate, mascarpone, roasted cherries and a splash of bourbon speaks loud and clear! Can you hear it? It’s saying go grab a spoon!
So you already know I’m completely cherry obsessed and as I was thinking about what dessert to make with all those roasted cherries, chocolate cheesecake popped in my head and would not go away. When I finally gave into this chocolate cheesecake, I thought no-bake would be the way to go. Something light, yet completely satisfying. Something that would anchor the roasted cherries, yet let them shine. Something that involved a little bourbon – oh, how I love bourbon.
Once you whip up the chocolate cheesecake, start layering it with those delightful vanilla bean roasted cherries. Just remember to drain the cherries first – you don’t want too much liquid in there.
I added a little mascarpone to the cheesecake, which adds a wonderful lightness and silkiness to it. The dark chocolate along with a little cocoa powder gives it that depth and pairs so beautifully with all those roasted cherries.
Layering the roasted cherries also balances the cheesecake and adds that pop. I mention below that you will need 1-2 batches of the roasted cherries for these. Truth be told, I think 1 will do, but since I tend to go with the whole more is more thing, I used almost 2 – minus all the ones I ate along the way…
Obviously, these need to be topped with whipped cream, because why stop now? A little bittersweet chocolate grated over the top and you’ll think you’re in heaven.
Pile on those cherries because they totally seal the deal, and that crunch from the Oreo crust – icing on the cake.
If anyone needs me, I’ll be right here with a spoon. Happy baking!
- 1-2 batches Vanilla Bean Roasted Cherries - 1 batch is enough to fill the cheesecakes, but if you want a lot of cherries for the topping as well, you'll need 2.
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (about 15 Oreos)
- 3 Tbsp. (1.5 ounces) Unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, leave it out for about 5-10 minutes
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. bourbon
- Melt butter and mix with cookie crumbs.
- Press 2 Tbsp. crumb mixture in the bottom of parfait glasses and refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and set aside.
- Cream cream cheese, powdered sugar and cocoa powder on medium speed till smooth. I used a hand mixer for this.
- Add in melted chocolate and continue to mix till combined. Please note you want the chocolate to be fluid, not hot when you add it to the mixture.
- Stir in mascarpone till combined.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla extract, bourbon and remaining powdered sugar till stiff.
- Stir about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture to lighten it.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream till everything is combined.
- Fill parfait glasses halfway with cheesecake, top with drained roasted cherries, and then top with more cheesecake.
- Before serving, top cheesecakes with fresh whipped cream and more roasted cherries.
This recipe filled 4 (8 ounce) glasses. It could easily serve 6, just divide evenly. This is a great recipe for mini desserts in shot glasses.
You can substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone, but I highly suggest the mascarpone. It adds a lightness to the cheesecake that it needs.