Last week I mentioned that sometimes simple is good and I’m happy to see you agreed. I can’t believe how many of you hopped on the roasted strawberry recipe and loved them! Thank you for the emails! This week it was time to take simple one step further and put all those roasted strawberries to work. Roasted strawberry goat cheese blondies are basically everything I could ever want in a dessert. By this point, you know I’m goat cheese happy and we don’t even need to go into my love for blondies. Add roasted strawberries to the mix, and you’ve got yourself one sweet summer treat!
Way back in the day I made my original strawberry goat cheese blondies using strawberry jam and they were amazing. I’m often reminded of how good they are thanks to my friend Michelle who makes them for just about every get together she hosts. By this point, I think she’s made them more than I have! Anyway, last time she made them I could not stop thinking about how ridiculous they would be with roasted strawberries. The idea haunted me till I finally gave in, and all I can tell you is they’re even better than the original!
The first thing you’ll need to do is roast some strawberries. One batch will be enough if you can keep yourself from snacking on them! Next you make the blondie batter and the goat cheese filling. Stir all those roasted strawberries into the goat cheese filling and then swirl that into the blondie batter. Drop some more roasted strawberries on top and send them off into the oven where everyone can get to know each other. Once they cool and you can finally cut into them, you’ll be looking at something like this!
I told you they were even better than the original! You first get this wonderful blondie and every few bites you get a pocket of strawberry cheesecake. The goat cheese balances the sweet so well giving it a little pop and the roasted strawberries just make it that much better. This is a great dessert for summer parties and since a lot of you will be doing barbecues this weekend for Father’s Day, there’s no time like the present!
I hope you all have a great weekend and I want to wish a Happy Father’s Day to all the great dads out there, especially mine!
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2t. vanilla bean paste
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2t. baking powder
- 1t. salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese - I use Vermont Creamery
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1.5 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup vanilla roasted strawberries
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla bean paste.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Cream goat cheese and cream cheese till smooth.
- Add sugar.
- Add yolks and vanilla.
- Mix in sour cream and 1/2 cup roasted strawberries.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and pan spray.
- Place about three quarters of the blondie batter in the pan.
- Spoon on some of the goat cheese filling and swirl together with a toothpick.
- Dollop the remaining blondie batter on top.
- Spoon on some more goat cheese filling.
- Swirl with a toothpick again.
- Drop remaining 1/4 cup roasted strawberries on top of blondies and slightly push down. You want to see them on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- Refrigerate the blondies over night before serving.