Breakfast or dessert? I’ll let you decide! This is the time of year I find myself somewhere between holding on to summer and wanting to dive head first into Fall. I love the carefree feeling of summer and all the frozen desserts that go along with it, but would be lying if I told you I wasn’t dying to break out the more indulgent desserts that come along with Fall.
The one treat I think is always a good idea no matter what season it may be is s’mores, and what better way to welcome Fall this weekend than with some incredible s’mores French toast! I feel like French toast is one of those breakfasts I find myself gravitating towards once the weather cools down, and well, dousing it in chocolate definitely doesn’t hurt!
S’mores French toast may look fancy, but this little party on a plate couldn’t be easier to make. Like most of you, I’m a huge fan of classic French toast, but who knew it could be about 10 million times better coated in a golden graham cracker crust!
I have to tell you if you stopped at this point and grabbed some syrup, you’d be in business, but why stop there?!
Once you’ve cooked all your toast, you’re going to top each piece with mini marshmallows and then send it off into the broiler to do its thing. In about 30-60 seconds (keep a close eye on it!) you’ll have golden, toasted marshmallow love staring back at you.
Top it off with chocolate sauce, crushed graham cracker crumbs, and dive on in! I’m pretty sure this could get the sleepiest heads out of bed in the morning, but can tell you from experience, it also makes an awesome dinner! 😬 I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this one!
Kick up your breakfast game with decadent S’mores French Toast. Coated in golden graham cracker crumbs and topped with toasted marshmallows and chocolate, this is one breakfast everyone can agree on!
- 4 slices country loaf or brioche bread, somewhat stale
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cognac, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter for griddle
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces semisweet or ark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 sheets graham crackers for garnish
- Whisk the eggs, half and half, salt, vanilla, 1 tablespoon of cognac and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Place the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl or a dish.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture and soak for about 10-15 seconds, then turn it over and soak for another 10-15 seconds. Let the excess egg mixture drip off, then coat bread in the graham cracker crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere. Flip bread over and coat the other side. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Head over to Farberware for the remainder of the S'mores French Toast recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for supporting Buttercream Blondie and allowing me to share what I love.