Preheat those ovens and get ready to get your bake on, friends! Halloween baking is in full effect at Buttercream Blondie headquarters, and these wonky little peanut butter spider cookies might be my favorite holiday project yet! They might not be too spooky, but I think by this point we all know cute and sprinkled is how I roll!
The best part about these little cookies, besides staring at them, is how easy they are to make. Oh, I should probably mention they’re melt-in-your-mouth delicious too, that is if you can bring yourself to eat them! Something I was definitely able to do – a little too easily!
I also want to mention this is the first recipe I created in partnership with my friends at Farberware for the holiday season. We’ll be sharing a fantastic series of really fun recipes throughout the season, along with a behind-the-scenes series of videos on Instagram, where I’ll be sharing my best baking tips and tricks! Make sure you’re following along for the inside scoop, and stay tuned for some sweet giveaways too! Can we talk about that gorgeous purple ceramic cookie sheet?! File under ways to a baker’s heart.
Now, back to the goods! These are such a great project for kids. They’re pretty great for adults too! The cookie recipe is super simple and all it takes is a few simple ingredients to turn them into the hit of your Halloween party. I love the little character down below. I think he looks nervous, like he knows the end is near…
Too much time on my hands?
When it comes to easy, these cookies are where it’s at! A bag of mini peanut butter cups, some melted chocolate, and candy eyes from the craft store, and you’re in business. You can make these little creatures as simple or as elaborate as you wish. I made a few simple and understated and then I busted out the sprinkles, because in Buttercream Blondie land, even the spiders have sprinkles!
You can totally make them your own by making the legs all different colors, using different sprinkles, and I love offsetting the eyes a bit so they really look all out of sorts! For my inside tip on how to zhush up these little creatures with sprinkles, make sure to check out the video on Instagram. Let’s just say if sprinkle dipping was an Olympic sport, my face would be on a cereal box.
A girl can dream.
Make sure to head over to Farberware for the full peanut butter cookie recipe! I’d love to see you if you’re on Instagram, and remember to check out the spooky spider video where I show how to sprinkle dip like a champ!
Classic peanut butter cookies get a whole new look for Halloween! These cuter-than-cute spooky spider cookies are a treat the whole family will love to make and eat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 40 mini chocolate covered peanut butter candy cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 40 sets of candy eyes
- 1 cup candy melts in color of your choice for different color legs, if desired
- Sprinkles for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two Farberware PURECOOK Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Head over to Farberware for the remainder of the Spooky Spider Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with Farberware and this recipe was developed for Farberware Cookware. Thank you for supporting Buttercream Blondie and allowing me to share what I love.