The countdown is on, my friends! Thanksgiving is next week, and I don’t know about you, but wasn’t it just September yesterday? Sure feels like time is flying and with that we have big decisions to make – like what are we going to make for Thanksgiving dessert?
Cake, pie, cheesecake? Maybe all of the above. Pumpkin or apple, or are we going to be rebels and show up with the jaw-dropping chocolate whiskey cake? I’m going with all of the above again! I’ve rounded up the best Thanksgiving desserts and whether you’re looking for make ahead, no-bake, or bars so good you may want to fast forward right to the dessert round, I’ve got you covered!
1. Let’s kick things off with No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. If you’re looking for an easy, no-bake dessert, you’ve found your answer. These pumpkin cheesecakes get a major upgrade with a layer of white chocolate ganache and bourbon spiked whipped cream seals the deal!
2. While we’re talking no-bake and bourbon, how about some Homemade Banana Bourbon Pudding? Another dessert that’s always a hit and I love that you can make these ahead of time and they’re even better the next day! Plus, how adorable are they in the little mason jars? Did I mention there’s bourbon in there?
3. We can’t do Thanksgiving without apple crisp, and I’m going with everyone’s favorite, Apple Crisp Bars! First, I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who’ve already made these! These gems are one of my most popular recipes to date, and I’m thrilled you guys love them! If you haven’t tried them yet, they’re everything you love about classic apple crisp in bar form, and that shortbread crust is everything! They’re pretty perfect as is, but even better with a scoop of ice cream, or bourbon whipped cream!
4. Let’s get down to business with the one and only, Caramel Apple Dream Cake! Layers of spice filled apple cake paired with the best caramel cream cheese frosting is completely irresistible! And if you’re looking for an easy, yet impressive way to decorate this one, my advice is to frost it regularly and then cover the sides in toasted, chopped pecans like we do on the Pumpkin Layer Cake. It’s an easy way to make a cake look gorgeous and I love the crunch form the pecans!
5. Speaking of dreamy apple desserts, Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars are simply the best! These combine the best of both worlds with cinnamon coated apples, brown sugar shortbread & vanilla bean cheesecake all tucked under a blanket of crisp topping. Is it wrong that I’d liked to be tucked under a blanket of crisp topping too?
6. Pumpkin Layer Cake with Cinnamon and Spice Cream Cheese Frosting is another one for the books! So many of you have already made this one and I’m thrilled you guys love it as much as we do! The cake itself is incredibly tender and the cinnamon and spice cream cheese frosting is another situation that calls for grabbing yourself a spoon if you get what I mean!
7. Pumpkin Bundt Cake is another fantastic option when you want a cake without the work! It’s easy to make and it’s packed with flavor. Whether you finish it off with the chocolate glaze is completely up to you, but I will say that if you pour the glaze tableside , you’re going to get all the oohs and aaahs! Bonus tip: Serve a little homemade whipped cream on the side – heaven!
8. There’s no way I can talk about pumpkin desserts without mentioning Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars! These bars are everything you love about the classic, and they couldn’t be easier. I can only describe them as pumpkin pie meets cheesecake, and it’s all sorts of heaven!
9. While we’re on the subject of pie, have you made these Pecan Pie Bars yet? I don’t like to play favorites, but I love these more than I probably should! They’re all kinds of amazing as is, but dress them up with a drizzle of chocolate and sprinkle of sea salt, and it’s like adding a little sparkle! These will look beautiful on your table and the other thing I love is they’re great to send home with guests – if there’s any left!
10. Last but certainly not least, how about a piece of Chocolate Whiskey Cake? Layers of Irish whiskey and coffee infused chocolate cake layered with Irish cream buttercream set the stage for a spiked mascarpone frosting that pretty much makes life complete. Go for it!
Bonus Round! There’s so many desserts I want to share with all of you that I had to throw in a few extras that I hope you’re going to love as much as I do!
First up are the Pumpkin Kiss Pretzel Bites. These little treats are sweet, salty and completely addictive! I love to have a dish of them out for guests to nosh on, and my big tip is: pretzel bites + mason jar + a bow = a fantastic hostess gift!
Next is my go-to Apple Crumb Cake! This is something that I love to bake for Thanksgiving morning that we can snack on while we’re prepping and cooking. You’ll also be really happy to see this one the day after Thanksgiving. It always winds up going from I don’t think I’m ever going to eat again to I want something, but I’m so over this turkey to – oh hey, crumb cake!
Talk about decisions! I don’t want to play favorites, but I don’t even want to talk about how many pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars I “tested” over the past few weeks! And I may have had a piece of pumpkin layer cake for dinner last night – perks of being an adult! And the pumpkin kiss pretzel bites are a no-brainer and beyond addictive!
Obviously, decision making isn’t my strong point!
What are you looking forward to most on Thanksgiving? Do you have one dish that you always make? I always make apple crisp bars and between you and me, I try and save a few because I think they’re even better for breakfast the next day. I hope you all have a terrific holiday and if you have any holiday cookie or dessert requests, let me know!
Happy baking! xo