Who wants a slice? If you’re a fan of all things peanut butter, easy desserts, and not turning your oven on, you’ve come to the right place! You asked for some no bake desserts and with temperatures continuing to climb and no relief in sight, give your oven a rest and say hello to your new best friend. This ultimate no bake peanut butter pie is one of my most requested desserts and it’s no hard to see why. Layers upon layers of flavor and texture make this simple dessert pop and always have everyone going back for more!
I couldn’t wait to share this one with you because it used to be on one of my restaurant menus and I’ve been waiting for just the right time to roll it out here. I made some very minor tweaks to my original creation to make it completely bake-less and it’s even better than I remember! With a graham cracker crust covered in milk chocolate, honey roasted peanuts, peanut butter mousse and dark chocolate glaze, how could it not be?
Okay, so you start out making a simple graham cracker crust. You want to make sure you really pack the crust into the pie pan and chill it at least an hour so it firms up. You can also go buy a ready made pie crust if that makes your life easier – I won’t tell! Once your shell is chilled, you pour a layer of melted milk chocolate on top. Sprinkle on some honey roasted peanuts and pop it back in the fridge. Seriously, how good does it look already?!
While that’s chilling, it’s time to make the star of the show – the peanut butter mousse. So simple yet so decadent, just mix all ingredients together and gently fold in the whipped cream. This is one of those times where you may have to remind yourself to put the spoon down before the filling disappears! After you’ve done some quality control, pour the filling into the pie shell smoothing out the top with a spatula. Once the pie is well chilled, finish it off with a drizzle of dark chocolate. I used dark chocolate glaze because I happened to have some on hand, but you can also use chocolate sauce or melt some dark chocolate chips. Accessorize it with some more honey roasted peanuts and I’m telling you, it sparkles!
Once the pie has had time to chill, I suggest overnight, it’s time to slice into it. At this point you basically have peanut butter bliss staring back at you! The graham cracker crust holds together lovely and that layer of milk chocolate no only adds another layer of flavor, but also keeps the crust from getting soggy. The honey roasted peanuts offer that crunch factor providing a perfect base for the silky peanut butter mousse. The dark chocolate drizzle is the icing on the cake, cutting the sweetness beautifully just when needed, tying it all together. It’s definitely decadent, yet somehow light at the same time. I hope you all enjoy it and have a great holiday!
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons(3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 2.5 ounces(1/2 cup) honey roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- 13.5 ounces(1.5 cups) peanut butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate glaze or sauce for drizzle
- Additional 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, rough chopped
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together.
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Chill till firm. I'd give it a good hour.
- Melt milk chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments till melted.
- Spread evenly on chilled graham cracker crust. You want to do this fast so you don't mess up the crust.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of chocolate and refrigerate so chocolate can harden.
- Cream peanut butter and cream cheese till smooth slowly adding in 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and continue to mix till everything is combined. I used a hand mixer for this.
- In separate bowl, whip heavy cream with remaining half cup powdered sugar till stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture and pour mixture into pie plate smoothing the top with a spatula. Refrigerate.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate or chocolate sauce or chocolate glaze over the top of the well chilled pie.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and a dollop of whipped cream.