So I was on the fence about posting these vanilla bean roasted strawberries because they are beyond simple. Then I thought, sometimes simple is good – like really good. And these vanilla roasted strawberries are so addictive that they definitely deserve their own post. Actually, addictive may be a slight understatement due to the fact that every time I’ve made them, they’ve managed to disappear before I could photograph them! They’re just that good!
When I tell you these are beyond simple to make, I’m not even kidding. All you have to do is toss strawberries with some sugar and vanilla beans, spread them out on a sheet pan and pop them in the oven. I told you they were easy! I’ve made these quite a few different ways in the past, but my favorite ingredient to add is a vanilla bean. After you scrape the seeds out, just tuck it under some of the berries and let everyone get to know each other. You’ll be amazed how much flavor it adds.
I also want to mention that I like to roast the strawberries seed side up. You’ll notice that some of the seeds get a little toasted adding a slight crunch – good stuff people! When the strawberries are ready, you’ll notice some of them have broken down and some get really dark, caramelizing around the edges. I’m telling you, 15-18 minutes in the oven and it’s some sort of magic. They take on this deep red color and the smell alone is intoxicating. This is why it’s impossible to keep your hands off of them! Once they are completely cool, transfer them to a jar and store in the fridge – that is if there’s any left!
These are great for brunch served on top of french toast or waffles. I also love them on top of ice cream or mixed in with yogurt. But let’s be serious, my favorite way to enjoy these is simply on a spoon! These will be making an appearance next week as part of a new dessert too, so I highly suggest making extra! Have a great weekend guys!
Vanilla Roasted Strawberries are one of the simplest and best summer desserts! Spoon them on ice cream, pancakes, oatmeal, or right in your mouth!
- 1lb strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, hull and cut strawberries in half. If strawberries are really big you can quarter them. You just want them all to be approx. the same size.
- Toss strawberries with sugar. Scrape vanilla bean and add to the mix.
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined sheet pan seed side up. Tuck vanilla bean under the strawberries.
- Roast strawberries 15-18 minutes, rotating pan about 10 minutes through.
- Allow to cool completely. Transfer cooled strawberries to jar and refrigerate.